Disaster for the Tour

Friends,
Well May just isn't going to work. I've been holding off this decision for a while, but it's time to face the truth. What I thought would be a bit of a 'down' month in terms of workload, has just become one of the biggest. Two things mainly: Orals and having to find a new house quickly.

Orals first. Massive comprehensive exams that every PhD student has to eventually take. Turns out that 'eventually' is in fact May for me. The next few weeks I'll have to spend revising everything from Year 1 of undergrad up to where I am now. Some 14 semesters of work, or 50-odd classes. That alone pretty much stopped me for getting to go to BC. I just didn't want to admit it. The icing on the cake was now learning I have to move house as well. The landlord wants to sell, so I have to find a house to live in for next year, before I move to Houston in a month. Yeah, it's going to be a crazy May.

I'm really disappointing I won't get to do this tour. It's something I wanted to be able to say I did, and enjoyed. But that's life, and things get in the way. But it's the truly determined that will eventually succeed. Next summer.

As for now this blog will turn towards my other focus: racing. I've recently had a few good results, and seem to be improving at a rate that's even impressed me. I'll share these races with you. Also, I have pictures from when I went on my practice tour around Central Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment