'87 Cannondale

Good news!

I now have 2 of 3 bikes that I need for the upcoming year. The race bike I already had, but now you can add commuter bike to that list. I have jokingly forgot the third... (Rick Perry FTW)! You'll never guess where I found this beauty, especially if you've read my previous posts (a direct shout-out to all 3 of my readers)...

Craigslist!

I know, right!?! The website that provided me with tin foods and an electric scooter after searching for 'touring bike' finally pulled through. It wasn't easy though. You know that scene in Shawshank Redemption where Andy Dufresne finally escapes from prison? During this escape, do you remember how he has to crawl through that 500 yard turd-tunnel? Well, if you haven't guessed, I'm drawing on some subtle parallels.

You don't want to see that image, do you? Well tough. Here it is:

This website sure is messy

The light at the end was when I came across a classic 80's Cannondale SR400. It's a beauty, but sorry, no pictures yet. Why? I can't find my goddamn plug adapter for my British camera to fit into an American socket. I remember having it in Houston, but I'm not sure if I brought it and then left it in Kenya. I know as soon as I get my arse to Walmart to replace it, I'm going to find it. So I'm stalling. I think there will be a tipping point soon where I'll want to take pictures of so much stuff, like bikes and cats and shit, that I'll finally crack and buy one. Then I'll have two. Because I'd immediately find the first.

America needs to start loving the Earth pin.

And 240 V.

No comments:

Post a Comment